Saturday, April 18, 2009

Nat's imagination

The other day Natali and I were sitting at the table eating our lunch when the following conversation took place. Preface- lately Natali won't flush the toilet or doesn't like to be anywhere by herself, especially if it is windy outside...
Mom: "Natali why are you so scared of everything lately?"
Natali: "because I am afriad of a wharerabbit getting me!"
Mom: "Nat, there is no such thing as a wharerabbit... someone just used their imagination and made it up for a silly movie. Besides, it can't be all that scary because it only likes to eat vegetables, not little girls".
(as I am eating a healthy salad for lunch)
Mom: "maybe I will turn into a wharerabbit, because I really like to eat vegetables!"
Natali: "whimper, whimper, almost tearing up"
Mom: "Oh baby, I'm just kidding... remember, wharerabbits aren't real!"

A couple of days later during a prayer that Natali was saying...
Natali: "... and please bless that mom won't turn into a wharerabbit because she likes to eat vegetables..."

I sure love that kid!

5 comments:

Natalie said...

That's too cute. What a sweetie.

Christian and Jennifer said...

I knew it! I always thought there was something strange about you . . .

Colton and Ashley said...

AHHHHHH!

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

She is such a funny little girl. I am sure going to miss her stories "a long time ago...."

Heath and Steph said...

I knew there was a reason kids dont like to eat veggies..pretty cute