Thursday, August 13, 2009

2nd grade, gagging, and cankles...

So Anna started 2nd grade and just amazes me! She loves it already. The first day was pretty chaotic and all the parents and kids everywhere trying to find the right lines was very overwhelming. But she made it through the whole ordeal without any tears. Me, not so lucky... I cried all morning. Now having completed her fourth day, she is a pro at finding her class in the morning all by herself. She LOVES her teacher (thanks aunt Becky for getting her in...) and is already making lots of friends. She might even have a crush already, but don't tell her I told you.
Natali had her preschool open house this last week too but had to miss her first day of school because of a mild case of pink eye. (I can't seem to keep these kids healthy for more then a couple of days around here)! We went to IN-N-OuT burger for lunch the other day with Trevor (sooooo good!). Natali is a major gagger. Has been since she was a baby. She had a full set of teeth by the time she was 10 months old, but would still gag on EVERYTHING. Well, she still is and unfortunately was not enjoying her burger as much as I was. The gagging started and then came the vomit. Oh it all came out! Trevor caught a handful of it, but the rest went all over her front and the table, seat.... I am so glad Trevor was there cause I would have lost it too if I hadn't turned away immediately! I got her all cleaned up in the bathroom and Trevor got the rest cleaned up at the table and I hope, hope, hope that incident doesn't turn me away from IN-N-OUT from now on. That would be dissapointing.
Ahhhh... now the cankles... aren't they the best part of the latter part of pregnancies? I just love how my feet feel like they are going to burst if I put any pressure on them whatsoever, or the way my ankles grow 2 inches in diameter at night. Oh the joys! I'm getting there though. I have to say, this pregnancy will go down in my history book as the most horrible. Not as much vomiting in the beginning, but just as sick, a huge, life changing move in the middle, living in...(not my own house) for the last half and beyond of the pregnancy, the stress of getting a loan in this economy and finding a house on top of that but then having to wait for it to be built, having to drive my kids 30 minutes there and back everyday to school because I don't want to start them all over again in a new school in a couple of months (I love them too much I guess), Oh yeah, did I mention trying to stay alive in the most extreme heat possible for the last four months of my pregnancy too! Only six more weeks to go. Only six more weeks of complaining to put up with Trevor. I love you. Thanks for putting up with me.
Until next time... cankles rock!

2 comments:

Ben and Jen McDowell said...

You can not talk about cankles and not post a pic. I am extremely disappointed in you!! Love ya though, glad the kids are back in school!

Cam and Chelle said...

Was thinking about you today. So glad things are sorta ok! So you must have found a house, got a loan, etc?! Jace will start school next week, it's crazy how early everyone is starting!